Monday, November 5, 2012

Twenty Six | Day Fifty

Day 50-1 Day 50-2

When I was a little girl, I absolutely adored Halloween. I mean, what child doesn't? I could dress up as whatever I wanted- An Indian! A Princess! A Fairy! A Pioneer! A Ghost!*- and I was given candy by strangers in a non-creepy way. Not to mention, my mom was a rockstar at making Halloween costumes and because of this, I always planned on making my children's Halloween costumes. This year, Max was set to be Indiana Jones. Aside from the jacket, I had his entire costume selected in August. And then! The Thursday before Halloween, we strolled down the Halloween aisle for fun and right there, underneath fluorescent lighting and next to a bright red Target basket, Maxwell fell in love. He fell in love with a bright green dinosaur costume.

And that costume? He's worn it every single day since, half of Halloween included (believe me when I say I had to pry that sucker off his body once Trick or Treating ended). And as much as I loved Halloween growing up, Halloween as an adult is fifty times better because, instead of experiencing magic for the first time, you get to watch little fireworks in your baby's eyes as they learn what magic is. This holiday season is going to be so much fun!

*And yep! These were my favorite Halloween costumes growing up.