Friday, November 23, 2012

And Baby Makes Three | Northwest Arkansas Family and Adoption Photography


Several months ago, I came across a Facebook Page recruiting photographs for a non-profit organization aimed to benefit adoptive families. As some of my closest family members have been adopted, I have always been a huge advocate of adoption and, because of this, jumped at the chance to work with this program. I applied, was accepted, and a little while later, was contacted by Rebecca, a woman who was about to become a mother for the very first time.

Northwest Arkansas Family Photographer-1

I was actually about to start my maternity leave when I was contacted by Rebecca, so we scheduled her new family's session for two days after my maternity leave officially ended and kept in contact over the next eight weeks. And then! After several emails over the course of months, I was finally able to meet Rebecca, Michael, and their sweet baby girl last Saturday. I loved getting to know this family! Rebecca and Michael are wonderful parents and it's clear that their little babe is loved through and through. This family has so much joy!

Also, can we talk a second about how cute these two are together? They have been married for eight years and, after she said it three or four times, I lost count of how many times Rebecca smiled at her husband and said, "You're so funny, Michael!". I am thrilled for this family. Adoption is a beautiful thing. Here are their photographs!

Northwest Arkansas Family Photographer-2 Northwest Arkansas Family Photographer-4 Northwest Arkansas Family Photographer-3
Northwest Arkansas Family Photographer-5 Northwest Arkansas Family Photographer-8 Northwest Arkansas Family Photographer-9 Northwest Arkansas Family Photographer-10 Northwest Arkansas Family Photographer-11 Northwest Arkansas Family Photographer-12 Northwest Arkansas Family Photographer-13 Northwest Arkansas Family Photographer-16 Northwest Arkansas Family Photographer-17 Northwest Arkansas Family Photographer-18 Northwest Arkansas Family Photographer-19 Northwest Arkansas Family Photographer-20 Northwest Arkansas Family Photographer-21 Northwest Arkansas Family Photographer-22 Northwest Arkansas Family Photographer-23

Thanks for such a wonderful afternoon, y'all! Congrats on your new addition!