Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Twenty Six | Day One

Day One-2
Day One-1

A few weeks ago, I realized two things.

One: My twenty-sixth birthday was right around the corner.
Two: Twenty-six is going to be a wonderful year for me. We have so many amazing things in store for us over the next 365 days- from the arrival of our son in a few weeks to the vacations we're planning on next summer- and it is going to be so much fun.

I have always wanted to do a 365 Project where I take a real photograph with my real camera every single day and, looking at all we have to look forward to this year, I decided that my twenty-sixth birthday was the perfect place to start! So! As of today, I am starting a 365 Project called Twenty Six since, well, this will be my age for the next year. I am so excited about this! This project is going to be fairly open ended, but my main rules for this project are that I will be taking a photograph every single day with my professional equipment and that I will be in a photograph at least once a week (my husband came up with that one!). The only other rule I have is that I will pick one to three photos from each day and blog them. I haven't decided whether I'll be doing this every day or weekly but, knowing myself, I will probably do a mixture of the two.

I know I've already said this, but I am so excited about this project! I have been wanting to start one of these for years but I never had the guts. But! Since I'll be on leave through November 15th and will only be taking a light workload until Henry is six or seven months (at least), this seems like the perfect time.

The images above are from the birthday date I shared with my husband this afternoon. We went to dinner, picked up cupcakes, and spent the rest of the evening sitting on a blanket at a local park. We missed our boy (he's visiting his grandparents), but it was heavenly.

Twenty Six will run from September 12, 2012 until September 11, 2013.
See more images here.