Monday, January 30, 2012

Women Who Love: Anna | Fayetteville Arkansas Portrait Photographer

After being swept aside for other work for a short time (read: Christmas card photos), Women Who Love is back! I have some great photographs and inspirational words queued up to share and I am so excited about them! First up is my sister, Anna, who works makeup better than anyone else I have ever known.

Take it away, Anna!

-----

Name: Anna Bogart

beauty-2

Age: 21
Love: Makeup!

beauty-5
beauty-6

When did you first discover your love of makeup?
When I was about nineteen. I've always been interested in art and realized that makeup was pretty much the same thing on a different canvas.

beauty-14
beauty-18
beauty-8

How has makeup made a positive impact in your life?
It's something I'm good at. A lot of people think that makeup is superficial and yeah, if you spend hours putting it on yourself every day then it is. But that isn't how it is with me. I like it, I'm good at it, and that just makes me feel good.

beauty-20

How has it given you confidence?
It's one of those things that you can always control no matter how rotten your day/week/whatever has been. That in itself gives me confidence. It's like saying to yourself... "Okay, my day sucks, but I know I look awesome and there isn't a thing anybody can do about it."

beauty-22
beauty-21

Do you use your makeup as a form of self expression?
Oh yeah, the way I do my makeup everyday reflects the mood I was in that morning. I also do my makeup different according to the people and places I'll be around that day. I don't even do it on purpose. It just comes natural after awhile.

beauty-43
beauty-46
beauty-50

What is one makeup staple you can't live without?
White eyeliner. Yes. Put it on in the morning and you will look wide awake even if you only got a few hours of sleep.

beauty-55
beauty-53

In one sentence, what are your thoughts on makeup?
It's not about hiding your natural beauty; it's supposed to be for fun!

beauty-59
beauty-60
beauty-61

And because everyone likes color:

beauty-51
beauty-56
beauty-52

Thanks, Anna!
P.S. She's telling the truth about her love for white eyeliner and since she's discovered it, I've only seen her look tired right when she wakes up. She's even used it on me and, to tell the truth, I looked more rested that afternoon than I have in two and a half years! Which means it's basically magic in a pencil.

Like Lissa Clair Photos on Facebook here.
To participate in Women Who Love, contact me here.