Monday, January 2, 2012

Project Fifty Two Week One: Resolution | Fayetteville Arkansas Lifestyle Photographer

This year, I'll be participating in My 4 Hens Photography's Project 52.

Basically, all this means is that, each week, Sarah (the genius behind My 4 Hens Photography) gives a theme and other photographers (as well as aspiring photographers) take photographs of that theme and, at the end of the year, each photographer has a fresh project portfolio full of growth and creativity. And my friends, I am all about growth and creativity. I've taken a photograph a day since I married my husband (Well... almost- I missed two days when I was pregnant and another day later when I was mad. Ha!), so 365 Projects don't really appeal to me. Themed 52 Projects, though, are right up my ally. I've been waiting for awhile for the right photographer to announce that he or she would be starting a new project for 2012, so when I saw that My 4 Hens Photography was starting one, I jumped at the chance! If you're interested, you can read more about the Project 52 I'll be participating in here.

Anyway, the topic for the first week of the year was resolution.
Here's my submission!

Week One: Resolution

I'm not huge on resolutions, but this year I really just want to dive into everything I'm already doing. Being a young mother, a young professional, and wife to a grad student can be pretty overwhelming, but in 2012 I'm just going to enjoy it cause it won't stay like this forever.

Oh! And I'm going to read all the Newbery Award Winners and make a 100 Person Portfolio. I'm really excited about both!

Here are some of the outtakes that didn't make the final cut, but are fun nontheless:

Resolution
Resolution
Resolution
Resolution

And by the way, Happy, Happy New Year!
I hope you're as excited for this year as I am!