Monday, January 2, 2012

Portland Forestry | Portland Oregon Travel Photography

We spent this Christmas in Portland.

I had never been to anywhere even remotely northwest in this country (unless Idaho counts? no?), so seeing Oregon's landscapes and greenery was such an awesome experience. I spent a good chunk of my childhood growing up in southern Alabama, so I'm no stranger to ocean and green trees, but the ocean and trees in Portland were unlike anything I have ever seen! They are beautiful!

Portland
Portland
Portland
Portland
Portland
Portland
Portland
Portland

And now, since I've been gushing about how beautiful the Northwest was for over a week, my husband keeps trying to convince me to move our family to Alaska for a year because, as he puts it, the Northwest is green but Alaska is greener.

I'll post ocean photographs sometime tomorrow so be sure to check back!