Friday, January 6, 2012

Family Photographs at the Library | Fayetteville Arkansas Family Photographer

Did you know that there are like, five hundred ways a photo session can go?
I'm sure you did, but starting with "Y'know how there are like, five hundred ways a photo session can go" instead of what I just wrote seemed a little too colloquial so I wrote it as a question instead.

Anyway, as a photographer, you never know what you're going to get. Unless you know your subject extremely well and have photographed them several times before, you never know what you're going to end up with until you're shooting. And sometimes? You don't even know then! As an artist, you take in the scenario around you, take a deep breath, and get to work. If you're me, sometimes that means being a bossy pants, sometimes that means becoming instant friends with my clients, meaning we're basically just hanging out with a camera, and sometimes that means following people around for two hours without barely saying a word. It just depends on the situation. But the best part? Most of the time, I know exactly what I'm getting when I'm shooting. I individually edit every photograph my clients receive and, when I shoot, I shoot with the finished image in my mind. Ninety person of the time, that is exactly what I am doing at a photo session, which is why I often get excited and fight the urge to jump up and down. When I take a photograph, I have a whole vision of what it will be and that is why I absolutely love what I do. But! That's not the best part I'm referring to right now, either. The best part is that, the other ten percent of the time, I come home, download the images I've just taken, and am completely surprised with what I see.

The Ghomghani-Mitchell family's photographs were like that for me. Believe it or not, we had a pretty quiet session for the amount of children being photographed. But these photographs? They are so loud with personality! I love them and I am so happy that I got to work with this extended family!

Here they are!

Mitchell Family

Mitchell Family
Mitchell Family
Mitchell Family
Mitchell FamilyMitchell Family
Mitchell Family
Mitchell Family
Mitchell Family
Mitchell Family
Mitchell Family
Mitchell Family
Mitchell Family
Mitchell Family
Mitchell Family
Mitchell Family

Thanks for having such funny children and great personalities, guys! I love how these turned out!