Tuesday, February 22, 2011

One Photo, Three Ways

I was going to start this post by saying that I'm not huge on editing my photographs, which is a total lie because I don't even let my husband see my raw, untouched images. I edit everything and I have for at least four years- even if it's just a picture snapped with a point and shoot in the middle of a crowded mall's food court. I love editing and in my opinion, it's just as important to the photographic process as pushing the shutter button. I love it. It's like therapy.

Which is why, this morning, I am showing you one photo, three ways:

Take One
Take Two
Take Three

I can't decide which one is my favorite.
When I first became serious about photography, I only shot with black and white film. I still can't help but swoon when I see a pristine black and white photo, but through the years I've come to love color more with each photograph I take. There's just something about bright, happy colors bouncing off a 4x6 or 8x10 or a computer screen that makes my heart flutter.